THE OCEAN OF AIR
David I. Blumenstock ( September 14th, 1913 - August 28th, 1963 ) was born in River Forest ( Chicago, Illinois, United States ). He attended the University of Chicago ( Physics, Mathematics, 1935 ) and, after receiving the S.B. degree, he spent 2 years ( 1961 - 1963 ) as a teaching fellow in geography at the University of California ( Berkeley ), where he took his doctorate in geography ( climatology ) later.
Thereafter David I. Blumenstock worked successively in several different fields of climatology and meteorology :
- Research Climatologist, U.S. Soil Conservation Service ( 1936 - 1942 ).
- U.S. Government, weather research ( 1942 - 1946 ).
- Naval Electronics Laboratory ( San Diego, California ) as editor ( 1947 - 1950 ).
- Rutgers University as lecturer, Department of Geography ( 1952 - 1955 ).
- Consultant to U.S. Army Air Force ( intermittantly ).
- Pacific Area Climatologist, U.S. Weather Bureau ( Honolulu, Hawaii, 1955 - 1961 ).
- Pacific Science Board ( 1962 ).
David I. Blumenstock had published several articles, and was the author of the following books as well : Rainfall Characteristics as Related to Soil Erosion ( U.S.D.A. Technical Bulletin No. 693, 1939 ), Synoptic Climatology of the Moscow Basin ( with Olga Ph. Prozorowski, 1956 ), Microclimatic Observations at Eniwetok ( with Daniel F. Rax, 1960 ).
( sources : THE OCEAN OF AIR, geog.berkeley.edu )