MIG - 29 : SOVIET SUPERFIGHTER
Jon Lake is a well - known freelance aerospace writer and consultant, based in Oxford ( Oxfordshire, England ).
He earned his Bachelor of Arts ( B.A. ) and studied Modern History, Economic History and Politics at Royal Holloway, University of London ( Egham, Surrey, England, 1979 - 1982 ). During his studies, he was a U / T ( under training ) pilot with the University of London Squadron, R.A.F.V.R. ( Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve ).
Afterwards, Jon Lake has worked as followed :
- Editor, Aerospace / Midsummer ( 1984 - 1995 ).
- Journalist / editor, Trident Communications ( 1997 - 2005 ).
- Defence editor, Flight Daily News ( 2000 - 2008 ).
- Freelance aerospace writer and consultant ( 1995 - today ).
- Defence Editor, Arabian Aerospace ( 2008 - today ).
Jon Lake has published several books over military aviation, such as : US Navy & Marine Corps : Air Power Directory ( with David Donald, 1992 ), Pilotes de SU - 27 ( 1992 ), Blenheim Squadrons of World War 2 ( Osprey Combat Aircraft, No. 5, 1998 ), The Battle of Britain ( 2000 ), Lancaster Squadrons 1942 - 43 ( Osprey Combat Aircraft, No. 31, 2002 ), B - 52 Stratofortress Units in Operation Desert Storm ( Osprey Combat Aircraft, No. 50, 2004 ).
( sources : Linkedin, AbeBooks.fr, AbeBooks.com )